Saturday, May 30, 2009

Elise is 8!! What a special day! What a special girl!


Evelyn, Elise's 5 year old cousin sang this song I wrote for Kenny's baptism about 5 yrs. ago. Elise and Evelyn sang it again later that day at a convert baptism in her Grandpa's ward. It was so sweet and powerful.


My first step the waters warm
The burning in my heart tells me this is my first step home.
To my waist the water's deep
Sacred words the Priesthood speaks
Of promises and covenants kept
On this path I will take my first step.
The water rushes ore my head
I am washed clean by the blood He shed.
Immersed in His love then I rise
He took this step and so shall I.
The only one to fulfill the plan.
He came to earth to save all men.
On this road I'm not alone.
He'll be with me every step and guide me home.
My first step the water's warm
The burning in my hear tells me this is my first step home.

1 comment: